Official Rules: "Windy City LIVE Know Your Neighbors Trivia Round 4"
Windy City LIVE Know Your Neighbors Trivia Round 4
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. Eligibility: Know Your Neighbors Trivia ("Sweepstakes") is open only to persons 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry who reside in one of the following counties: in Illinois - Lake, McHenry, DeKalb, Kane DuPage, Cook, Kendall, Will Grundy, Kankakee, La Salle; in Indiana - Lake, Porter, La Porte, Newton, Jasper; and in Wisconsin - Kenosha, Walworth, Racine. Entrants must have either a valid Social Security number or a valid U.S. personal tax identification number. Employees and agents of WLS Television, Inc. ("Sponsor"), American Broadcasting Company, Inc., Windy City LIVE ("Show"), advertising and promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development and handling of the Sweepstakes and each of their respective agents, directors, officers, prize suppliers, parent companies, affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively "Sweepstakes Entities"), and members of their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouses and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and/or persons living in the same households as such persons, whether related or not, are ineligible to enter Sweepstakes and cannot win prizes.
2. How to Enter: The Sweepstakes begins on June 11, 2012 and ends on October 21, 2012 ("Sweepstakes Period"). Participants enter the Sweepstakes via the Internet. Although the Sweepstakes begins on June 11, 2012, which is the first day to submit entries, the first day selected entrants (defined in section 4) may be contacted by a representative of Windy City LIVE and given the opportunity to play the "Trivia Game" on-air will be on or about June 12, 2012 . Although the last day to submit an Internet entry is on December 20, 2012, the last day selected entrants may be contacted by a representative of Windy City LIVE and given the opportunity to play on-air may be on or about December 21, 2012.
o To enter: Starting on June 11, 2012 at 6:00 a.m. Central Time ("CT"), access http://windycitylive.com ("Web Site") and click on either the Sweepstakes icon or text link, either of which will take you to the Sweepstakes home page. You will be prompted to provide your first and last name, address, city, state, zip code, email address and one (1) telephone number (including area code) where you can be reached between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. CT for regularly scheduled Show tapings and 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. CT in the event that the Show schedules on-location broadcasts for remote tapings (collectively "Sweepstakes Hours") from June 12, 2012 to December 21, 2012 ("Sweepstakes Play Days"); Limit one (1) Internet Entry per email address/per person/per day during the Sweepstakes Period. Entries by the same person in excess of the limits stated herein will be disqualified. Only the entrant registered under a particular email address may participate in the Sweepstakes and he/she must be deemed the person who physically completed the act of entering. Once an email address has been registered by a participant, that email address may not be used by any other person at the Web Site. ENTRANTS WHO USE MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS TO ENTER MAY BE DISQUALIFIED.
Central Time shall control the Website and Entry portions of the Sweepstakes and Sponsor's computer shall be the official clock for purposes of the Sweepstakes.
3. Trivia Game Drawings and Notification: Each date that the Show is airing or taping, beginning on or about June 12, 2012 and ending on or about December 21, 2012, an appropriate number of Entries(to allow for alternates) will be randomly selected in a drawing by a representative of the "Show" whose decisions are final and binding in all respects, from all eligible Entries (as described herein) ("Drawing(s)"). (Entries for a given drawing from individuals who did not receive a Daily Prize or Consolation Prize, as described in section 4 below, will be included in all subsequent drawings.)The selected entrants in each day's drawing ("Selected Entrant(s)") will be included on the list provided to the Show and numbered chronologically off-camera, according to the order in which they were drawn, for potential Trivia Game participation. Only Selected Entrants will have the opportunity to be a potential Show participant during the Trivia Game segments when a Show representative or host calls ("Show Participant"). Although an entrant may become a Selected Entrant, that does not guarantee that the Show will call or that such entrant will have the opportunity to participate on the Show or become a Show Participant. Each weekday that the Trivia Game is played, beginning on or about June 12, 2012 through the last "live" or "taped" broadcast of Windy City LIVE airing on or about December 21, 2012 a representative of the Show or one or more hosts of the Show will call one (1) randomly selected potential Show Participant during the taping of the Show (during the Sweepstakes Hours) according to the chronological order in which each Selected Entrant was randomly selected. The potential Show Participant will be called at the telephone number furnished by the potential Show Participant on his/her Entry for the Trivia Game play during the taping or broadcast. In the event of a remote taping, Show will announce ahead of time the dates and location (if applicable) and Selected Entrant(s) may be called on a weekday or on a weekend during the Sweepstakes Hours. Due to production exigencies, which may include but are not limited to host illness, pre-emption(s), guest cancellations, extreme weather conditions etc., there may be occasions when the Sweepstakes Hours will differ without notice. If the call is answered before five (5) rings and the potential Show Participant comes to the telephone, and if potential Show Participant is available to participate, during Show's live broadcast (or taping), then potential Show Participant will be deemed the actual Show Participant and given the opportunity to play the Trivia Game by answering that day's trivia question about a previous Show's broadcast. Show Participant may be called live on the air and have his or her voice broadcast. ALL ENTRANTS AGREE TO HAVE THEIR VOICE AND/OR LIKENESS BROADCAST LIVE ON WINDY CITY LIVE. If the Show Participant correctly answers that day's trivia question, he/she shall be awarded the Daily Prize(s) (subject to verification) ("Daily Prize"). Trivia questions will be related to Windy City LIVE's "Neighbor of The Day." The "Neighbor of the day" will have been randomly selected in a previous broadcast. A Windy City LIVE "Neighbor" is defined as a city, town, or neighborhood in the following counties: in Illinois - Lake, McHenry, DeKalb, Kane DuPage, Cook, Kendall, Will Grundy, Kankakee, La Salle; in Indiana - Lake, Porter, La Porte, Newton, Jasper; and in Wisconsin - Kenosha, Walworth, Racine. For the call, one or more of the hosts will announce the "Daily Prize" prior to the trivia question being asked. If the Show Participant is reached by telephone and the Trivia Game is played, Show Participant will be given twenty (20) seconds from the time the question is asked to respond with an answer and will be given only one (1) attempt to answer the trivia question. If Show Participant does not correctly answer the trivia question, the Daily Prize will not be awarded to him/her but Show Participant will receive a WCL Consolation Prize, as announced on that day's Show. Show Participant's opportunity to answer trivia question may or may not be broadcast during the Show, at Sponsor's sole discretion. If the original call to a Selected Entrant results in five (5) unanswered rings, a busy signal or an answering machine response, the Show's representative will call again one (1) additional time. If the second call again results in five (5) unanswered rings, a busy signal or an answering machine response, the Show's representative or a host may leave a message stating that they tried to reach the potential Show Participant and that although he/she is not able to play the Trivia Game, a WCL Consolation Prize will be awarded (subject to verification). If a Show representative or a host calls a potential Show Participant's phone number and the selected potential Show Participant does not answer the phone but another member or guest of the household answers the phone, that potential Show Participant must come to the phone within 20 seconds or he/she forfeits the opportunity to play the Trivia Game that day and he/she will be awarded a WCL Consolation Prize (subject to verification). If a call is placed to a potential Show Participant and, after the call is answered by the Show Participant the call is disconnected or technical difficulties are experienced during the call, the Show will make one (1) attempt to call the potential Show Participant back. If the potential Show Participant is still not able to be reached, then he/she will not be able to participate in a Trivia Game but will receive a WCL Consolation Prize. If a potential Show Participant is called and is not able to be reached because an operator, service recording, service interruption, service disconnection, or some other technical difficulty or interference occurs, then an alternate potential Show Participant (in order of selection) may be called. The Show will conduct only one (1) Trivia Game per taping/broadcast and the Show will speak on-air with a maximum of only one (1) Show Participant on each day of the Sweepstakes, if and only if, a Show Participant is reached on the phone. Only the Show Participant whose Entry was selected for participation can play the Trivia Game and no other person(s) may answer for or on behalf of a Show Participant. At the election of Show (defined below) at its sole discretion, Sweepstakes may not be played every weekday, may or may not be played during remote taping(s or may be extended and/or suspended for a number of days or weeks during the Sweepstakes Period due to production exigencies and/or other promotions (e.g. to conduct other home viewer promotions). Entrants should provide the telephone number that he/she will be able to answer in person on weekdays during the Sweepstakes Hours and know that he/she will be 'live' on the air if he/she answers.
4. Prizes/Odds of Winning: Up to one hundred forty (140) Daily Prizes: Up to one (1) Daily Prize for each air date of the Sweepstakes (as described by Official Rules) that may include one of the following category of prizes: travel, cruise, cash, gift cards/certificates, furniture, appliances and/or electronics announced on that particular day's taping/broadcast, as applicable. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each Daily Prize: $250-$2500. Up to one hundred forty (140) WCL Consolation Prizes: Up to one (1) WCL Consolation Prize for each day of Sweepstakes (as described by Official Rules) in the form of a Windy City LIVE coffee mug. ARV of each WCL Consolation Prize: $10. Total ARV of all prizes offered: up to $350,000. Odds of winning a Daily Prize or WCL Consolation Prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received by the time his/her Entry was drawn. Limit one (1) Daily Prize or (1) WCL Consolation Prize per person/family/household for the entire Sweepstakes Period. Actual number of prizes awarded depends on number of days Sweepstakes is played on Show and the number of Show Participants who participated during the Sweepstakes Play Days and the number of Selected Entrants who were unable to be reached during the call. The ARV's of all prizes are furnished by the prize suppliers. For travel prizes where air transportation is included, the round-trip coach-class air transportation element of the prize begins and ends at a major commercial airport near winner's residence or in some cases from selected gateways as designated in the travel prize package. Sponsor reserves the right to structure travel route in its sole discretion. If a winner lives within 100 miles of Daily Prize trip destination, air transportation will not be provided but ground transportation may be arranged at Sponsor's sole discretion. Trips must be completed within one (1) year of notification of winning, unless otherwise stated by Sponsor and/or prize supplier(s) at their sole discretion. Trips must be booked on a timeframe set by Sponsor and/or prize supplier(s) at their sole discretion, which will be disclosed in travel documentation. No extension or change of trip dates permitted once trip dates have been confirmed by Sponsor. The prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive and may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions, which will be stated in the Affidavit/Release (described below) and/or trip prize travel documents. Trip is subject to air/ground travel availability, hotel/stateroom availability, holiday and blackout dates and all other prize and travel restrictions, as applicable. If trip has a guest component, winner and guest(s) must travel together on the same itinerary (at Sponsor's and/or prize supplier(s) sole discretion). If winner elects to travel without a guest(s), no additional compensation will be awarded. If trip is outside the U.S., winner and guest(s) (if applicable) are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents including passports and visas. The U.S. State Department requires all international travelers to present a government issued passport for U.S. Customs re-entry after air, land or sea travel. For more information please visit the State Department's consular website www.travel.state.gov or the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's website www.dhs.gov. If trip has a rental car component, winner and/or a guest(s) (if applicable) must have a valid U.S. driver's license, be 25 years of age or older, and have at least one major credit card in good standing. In the event a winner or a trip travel guest(s) does not have a valid U.S. driver's license, is under 25 years of age, or does not have at least one major credit card in good standing, then rental car component of prize will be forfeited and remaining elements of trip shall constitute full satisfaction of said prize. If any trip winner elects to travel without the allotted number of guests, no additional compensation will be awarded. In the event that a prize component is not available during the time of the trip for whatever reason (e.g., weather conditions), then remaining elements of Daily Prize or prize components shall constitute full satisfaction of Sweepstakes Entities' prize obligation to winner and no additional compensation will be awarded in lieu thereof. Daily Prize winner and/or his/her travel guest(s) must have/present at least one major credit card in good standing in order to check into a hotel, cruise or resort. All other expenses and incidentals not specifically mentioned as being included are excluded and are winner's sole responsibility including, but not limited to, taxes, air transfers, government fees, unspecified ground transportation, meals, gratuities, hotel incidentals, telephone calls, port charges and taxes, government fees, shore excursion(s), souvenirs, gift shop purchases, spas, meals in alternate dining venues, travel documents, service charges and travel insurance premiums, trip and travel insurance, and required immunizations if applicable. Gift card(s) or certificates cannot be exchanged/redeemed for cash or combined with any other offer and is subject to stated terms and conditions. Retailer gift certificate, gift card, or merchandise vendors will be selected by Sponsor at its sole discretion. All monetary values are expressed herein are U.S. Dollars. No transfer of any prize is permitted. No substitution or cash equivalent for any prizes, except at Sponsor's sole discretion, due to prize unavailability for any reason, and only then for a prize or prize component of comparable value. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to replace any merchandise with a newer model or version of same; but, in such event, Sponsor will continue to use the value of the "old" (i.e., replaced) item for purposes of calculating the ARV. Prizes will be shipped to U.S. addresses only. Gift card prizes or gift certificates must be used by the expiration stated, if any, or prize will be forfeited. Daily Prizes, trips, WCL Consolation Prizes shown in any marketing material or on Show may not be actual prize awarded, if any are in fact awarded. Any depiction of prize(s) is for illustrative purposes only. All federal, state, provincial, and/or other taxes are the sole responsibility of each winner. Winners of prizes valued $600 or more will receive a 1099 form from the Sponsor for the total ARV, as stated herein, of his/her prize that he/she won in the calendar year that he/she won.
5. Winner Requirements: Each Show Participant who may receive a Daily Prize or a WCL Consolation Prize winner is considered a potential winner for the applicable prize, subject to verification, full compliance with all eligibility requirements and completion of the required applicable documentation issued by the Sweepstakes administrator. Each Daily Prize and WCL Consolation Prize winners will be required to complete a Telephone Eligibility Questionnaire conducted by the Sweepstakes administer on the telephone prior to being deemed a potential winner (subject to verification). Daily Prize winners and WCL Consolation Prize winners of prizes valued of $600 (or his/her parent/legal guardian, if a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a Minor) will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and a Publicity Release and any other documentation that Sponsor may require (collectively "Affidavit/Release"), which, among other functions, releases Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability. The original unmodified Affidavit/Release must be signed and returned within seven (7) days of receipt or prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation to such winner. By completing a Telephone Eligibility Questionnaire and/or returning the completed Affidavit/Release, each potential winner attests to the authenticity of his/her winning Entry. All winners are deemed to be potential winners until his/her eligibility is verified in accordance with these Official Rules upon the completion of a Telephone Eligibility Questionnaire and the return and review of his/her Affidavit/Release(s) (if applicable) by Sponsor and/or Sweepstakes administrator. For travel prizes, each guest (or his/her parent/legal guardian, if guest is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her a Minor) must execute (and return within seven (7) days of receipt by winner) a Liability Release and a Publicity Release ("Travel Guest Release"). If a potential winner is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a Minor, prize(s) will be awarded in the name of his/her parent/legal guardian. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted during seven (7) days, if he/she is found to be ineligible, if his/her prize(s) or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, such winner will be disqualified and prize(s) will be forfeited.
7. Disclaimers: Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for telecommunications, network, broadcast, electronic, cable, satellite, internet service provider, telephone, telephone line, telephone reception, technical, computer or email failures of any kind; for inaccurate transcription of Entry information; for errors in any promotional or marketing materials or in these Official Rules; or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, video, audio, connections, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of Entries, the announcement of the prizes, the playing of a Trivia Game, the cancellation of any Show or Trivia Game, the administration of Trivia questions, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Sweepstakes Entities are also not responsible for Entries that are not entered by the entrant or Entries that are entered by other than human means (such as by an automated computer program or any non-human mechanism, entity, or device) in excess of the stated limit, or for mail or Entries that are illegible, late, tampered with, forged, incomplete, garbled, mechanically duplicated, mass machine printed, misdirected, postage-due, mutilated, deleted, damaged, lost, late, misplaced, stolen, destroyed, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules and such Entries will be void. Once submitted, Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Each winner releases Sweepstakes Entities and their respective agencies, officers, directors and employees or other company or any other persons providing prize(s) to a winner due to reasons beyond Sponsor and/or Sweepstakes Entities control, and/or participation in this Sweepstakes from any and all liability/responsibility with respect to the prize and/or Sweepstakes (including any property loss, damage, personal injury, or death) in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes; offering or announcement of any prize; human error; incorrect or inaccurate transcription of Entry information; acceptance/possession, use/misuse, and/or defects of prize(s)); including but not limited to, in the case of a Canadian winner, disputes over answers to mathematical skill test questions); pre-emption/interruption/cancellation of Show, any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, cable, satellite, computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, email account, software, internet service provider, phone/cable line; interruption or inability to access Sweepstakes or any Web Site or online service via the internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; any damage to entrants (or any third person's) computer, email account and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of this Sweepstakes; any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects or any other errors or malfunctions of Show, promos, or elements of Sweepstakes and/or even if caused by the negligence of one of the Sweepstakes Entities. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, loss or damage to any baggage, inconvenience or irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (1) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of the prize supplier or any of its agents, airlines, servants, employees or independent contractors, (2) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of Sponsor, or (3) by any other cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of Sponsor or their parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies. Sponsor may choose, at its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend Sweepstakes, or any portion thereof. Entrants further agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Sweepstakes Entities, and hereby acknowledge that said Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to a prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by a prize supplier that are sent along with prize(s). The failure of Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of Sponsor (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations) or other force majeure event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
8. GOVERNING LAW, JURISDICTION, ARBITRATION: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to (i) the Sweepstakes, (ii) the awarding or redemption of any prize and/or (iii) the determination of the scope or applicability of these Official Rules or their enforcement or interpretation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state's laws, and shall be submitted to a court or, upon mutual consent, an arbitrator, in Chicago, Illinois. Entrants agree that in no event will entrants seek or be permitted to obtain punitive, incidental or consequential damages or attorneys' fees or other legal costs or damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, or any and all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. Should any term of this Section be deemed void, unenforceable or contrary to law, such term shall, but only to the extent necessary to bring this Section within the requirements of law, be deemed to be severed from the other terms of these Official Rules, and the remainder of these Official Rules shall be given effect as if it had not included the severed term herein. THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND ISSUES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR TORT, AND INCLUDING ANY CLAIM FOR FRAUDULENT INDUCEMENT THEREOF.
9. WINNER'S LIST: To receive a copy of the Official Rules or a Winners' List, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Windy City LIVE Know Your Neighbors Trivia "Rules" or "Round 4 Winners" (specify which), 190 N State Street, 11th Floor, Chicago, IL 60601. Winners' List available after December 21, 2012. All requests must be received by February 28, 2013.
10. Sponsor: WLS Television, Inc. 190 N State Street, Chicago, IL 60601
11. Sweepstakes administrator: Windy City LIVE, 190 N State Street, 11th Floor, Chicago, IL 60601. Sweepstakes administrator is not the supplier or guarantor of any prizes.