Jump start your diet
Why wait for the New Year to get to your weight loss goal? Dr. Ian Smith gives us five tips to get a jump start on our holiday weight loss from his book "The Fat Smash Diet."
1) Spend at least 5 days on a detox. Make sure it's an eating detox and NOT a fast.
2) Eat foods high in fiber. Fiber makes you feel full longer, delays hunger pangs, reduces cholesterol levels.
3) Begin each meal with 8 oz of water and drink another 8 oz before you have dessert.
4) Eat every 3 hours including small-moderate meals and 150 calorie snacks.
5) Eat foods low on the Glycemic Index such as whole grain bread, brown rice, whole wheat pasta.
Find out more about the "Fat Smash Diet."